The goals of this webinar, Autism Resources for Crisis Centers, are to explain how to use resources specific to the autism community when an autistic person calls or texts a crisis line, as well as to describe how volunteers will use the resources to help autistic people.
• Autism friendly resources for crisis centers
• One page resource paper and supplemental pages
• Utilizing this resource in crisis centers setting
Learning Objectives – after the webinar participants will be able to:
• List the information on the one page resource and supplemental pages
• Describe how to identify and work with autistic people on a call or text crisis line
• Explain the benefit of addressing autism in their crisis centers
• Implement this resource for frontline use in your crisis center
1.00 hour of CE Credit
American Association of Suicidology has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5607. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AAS is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
The American Association of Suicidology is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. AAS maintains responsibility for the program and its content.